Are you truly living life or are you just existing? Are you filling your life with all the right things or are you cluttering it with the things that don’t matter?
Your Spiritual Forecast for Oct 19-25
I am so excited about this week! Spirit shows me a week filled with love, light, magic and surprises!! It’s a great time to be alive!! Oh and Spirit gives us another message about being ourselves and a reminder to let our light shine. We were born to shine as brightly as we can, stop hiding behind the mask and stop worrying about what others might think. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE!
Follow the Raven:
Be sure to check out my Facebook Page for more videos, Spirit messages and free readings even!
Discovering Your Happiness
Today I speak about your own happiness and how to find it and keep it in your life. Happiness is an emotional state of mind. There is no need to wait for something particular to happen or come into your life.. you can be happy just as you, right here.. right now! You must BELIEVE!
Follow the Raven:
Be sure to check out my Facebook Page for more videos, Spirit messages and even free readings!
Your Spiritual Forecast for August 10-16
Ooooooooh what a magical week we have in store for us! This week Spirit shows me that there is going to be a major sharing of love and light with the Universe on a grand scale. There are many that practice this daily but this week is special…. I tell you how it happens and what it’s all about and then the weekend comes back around and we get a much needed resting period.
Follow the Raven:
Be sure to check out my Facebook Page for more videos, Spirit messages and free readings even!
Stop Waiting to be Happy
Spirit message for today. I felt so urged to deliver this message. I had written down the words “Stop waiting to be happy” last night on a post it note. I kept looking at it today, asking Spirit if it was time to talk about it and all I kept getting was “No, not yet”. Then I found myself a few moments ago feeling pushed to go ahead and do it NOW. There is someone out there that will get this message because of timing more than any other reason. So, I listened to Spirit, verbalized the message and here we are. I hope it reached everyone who needs it!
Will I Ever Be Happy?
The number one question I get all the time. Will I Ever Be Happy?
I give you the answer that spirit gives me. I have also struggled with this in my life but I have learned to listen and understand .. FINALLY!
I hope you enjoy my explanation of Finding Happiness Within and I hope more than anything that you too will also be able to find and experience it!
I am having one of those moments….
You know that moment when you want to write something deep and profound that will move others… to relay how you feel inside and there are just so many words that come to you that you can’t seem to get them in the right order???
I am having one of those moments….
I sit here taking a look back into my memory banks and browse upon all the most memorable moments of my life. I see all the good times and all the bad. I look over them carefully and pause for reflection. I search through my feelings about these moments and I realize quickly that the MOST important moments were the ones filled with love. All of the bad moments, important as well but for different reasons. The bad moments in life were times of growth and lessons to be learned. Those moments showed me the strength inside, they showed me how I have abilities greater than I thought possible. I am grateful for those moments but the moments that fill me with light are the moments that were made with love.
The moments in life where love is present are indeed for me the MOST important. The moments I want to reflect on most. Those are the moments when our spirit soar with the greatest power. When love is in our hearts, we become unstoppable, there are no mountains too tall to climb, no rivers too rapid to cross, no oceans to vast to overcome and no obstacle that is too difficult to stand in our way. When you meet someone who is filled with love you can’t help but feel it, absorb some of it yourself and then pass it on to others. Love is truly limitless. It fuels the light within us to levels unimaginable but definitely attainable. The more you are filled with love the more you feel capable of doing and becoming. The light within grows brighter and brighter with every moment that you are filled with love.
Think about the moments in your life that are the most memorable. You will find the bad days and the strength that they unveiled and you will see the growth that those days created. You will then move on to the good days and how much love was felt on those days. You will see that those were days where moments were laced together with true love. Those were the days where your smile was the brightest, your heart filled to the brim and nothing could possibly get in your way of experiencing what we all wish to attain… HAPPINESS in it’s purest form. LOVE.
Today, I am filled with endless LOVE!
Personal Growth & Memorable Moments
I began to look at all the memorable moments of my life. I started thinking about all of my relationships and how I always made everyone else a priority. If I wasn’t going to put myself first why would anyone else. I began to think about my life now while I am not in a relationship and why I felt the need to search for someone else to focus on. I looked inside and found that I am truly happy as I am right now and I don’t “need” someone else in my life to be happy.. I am happy. Sharing a life with someone else who is happy would be great but not something that I “NEED”. THIS is a memorable moment!
Getting Out of Your Own Way!
Life is good if we allow it to be. Often we get in our own way of happiness. We make all the wrong choices for all the wrong reasons. We complicate our lives when it doesn’t need to be complicated. We get in our own way! We need to learn how to listen more closely to our intuition and make better decisions and stop blocking happiness from our own lives.
Don’t Give up on Yourself
For all the givers in the world… those who put themselves last in order to do for others… Take the time to put yourself first from time to time. It’s a hard task, because it’s not who you are but it’s what you need sometimes. I started the year saying that this is what I was going to do, I was going to put myself first this year… well I have failed so many times but I’m not giving up on myself. I can do this! I can do more for me, I can and I will. I deserve to be kinder to myself, more loving to me… allow myself more time to do what makes ME happy.
The Meaning of Life
Life isn’t about title gained, amount of money your bank account has in it, the car you drive, how many friends you have or anything of such. At the end of our lives all that will matter when you look back is “Were you Happy?”
Easy Words – Hard to Follow
When you find it hard to follow your own advice. Many times over I have given the advice to others to live their life in a way that makes them happy…. only I have not followed my own advice. I spent my years making others happy … putting my own happiness to the side. As a friend, daughter, wife, mother… I thought that is what I was suppose to do. Times are changing. It’s time to start living for me.
Choosing Your Own Happiness
Don’t put your happiness in the hands of those who don’t deserve it.. those who don’t truly love and appreciate your worth. Remember that YOU have the power to choose how you feel.
I’m Not Dancing with Your Ego!
Surrender to Your Soul
50 Shades of Positivity
- Let’s start with a smile, because smiles make everyone feel good
- How about a time out for some me time, taking time for yourself helps clear your mind and eases your soul.
- Do something for someone else… just because.
- Let go of baggage from your past.
- Let go of negative behaviors that slow or stop you from moving forward.
- Declutter, a clean space makes you feel good and more at peace.
- Change perspective, sometimes it takes a different view at what’s in front of you to understand that you can make it through.
- Do something each day, big or small that brings you closer to your dreams.
- Laugh, negativity can not live inside a body that laughs.
- Get out! Get outside of your house or office and spend some time in nature. It has a way of soothing even the most weary of souls.
- Be creative, find a hobby or craft and immerse yourself in it.
- Learn to meditate and make time to do it often.
- Let go of fears that hold you back from achieving your goals.
- Never ever grow up. Seriously … growing up sucks. LOL…. child like wonder keeps you young.
- Keep a journal of all the happy moments in your life and when you are having a hard day, read it.
- Don’t procrastinate on things you enjoy, you never know when the moment will be gone forever.
- Tell those closest to you that you love and appreciate them, often.
- Do something for fun just because.
- Love yourself.
- Allow others to love you.
- Complete the tasks that you start. Seeing a project finished gives you a feeling of accomplishment.
- Play in the rain, stomp through the puddles and dance without worry of getting a little damp.
- Sing … who cares how good or bad you are .. sing, sing and sing some more.
- Dance! The same as above!
- Volunteer, doing good deeds for others is very fulfilling.
- Believe in yourself.
- Teach yourself new things all the time.
- Travel, get out and see the world.
- Exercise, yeah I know… I said that evil word… but, it is true that exercise makes you feel good.
- Surround yourself with positive people, don’t hang out with negative people, they only drag you down into their dark world.
- Create a space in your home that is just for you. It doesn’t matter how large or small.
- Let go of other people’s ideas of who you are suppose to be and be you.
- Forgive yourself.
- Traditions, keep them or start new ones. Traditions that make you feel good anyway. Traditions give us a feeling of being connected.
- Pursue those dreams.
- Create a prosperity wall or board. Things you would like to see coming into fruition in your life. Change it every year to suit you as you grow.
- Leave yourself positive notes and reminders in odd places so that you come across them when you least expect it. You never know when you may need that little encouragement.
- Don’t be afraid of change. Change happens all the time, it’s what helps us grow and progress forward.
- Remember that all things are possible if you believe. We can do amazing things when we believe they can be done.
- Be a friend to someone, a good friend, not just a sometimes friend when its convenient.
- Be kind to others even those who are not kind to you.
- Be appreciative for what you have and don’t dwell on the things you don’t have.
- Stop worrying so much. Worry doesn’t change anything, it only makes you feel bad.
- Step outside your comfort zone from time to time, you’ll find great things just beyond those walls.
- Keep positive thoughts, one must be realistic but at the same time you can keep a positive outlook for your situations.
- Trust yourself.
- Allow yourself to be happy, to feel happiness and understand that its okay for you to be happy… no matter what anyone else says.
- When speaking of others, say only good things. Refraining from speaking poorly about someone will make you feel better about your own choices.
- Do all things with love in your heart. You’ll soon see your world getting better and better.
In the Pursuit of Happiness
When I was a child, I remember being happy for no reason… I was just happy or was it that I wasn’t particularly unhappy… hmmmm, definitely something to ponder. Somewhere along the way I lost my own happiness. I don’t know how, I don’t know when. All I know is that somewhere along the line I started looking to others to help me find happiness. I think most, if not all of us do this. Not sure there is an age when this happens or any particular event… it just seems to happen. I’m not saying there aren’t events in our childhood that help push this along, because I know a lot of tragic things happen through our lives at all ages. I’m just saying that somewhere, somehow… we all reach this point.
We spend much of our time looking to others to create our happiness. Whether it be our parents, spouses, children, friends or even strangers… somewhere down the line we forget how to be happy on our own and feel that we can’t be happy unless this person does that, or behaves like this or whatever. When we were younger I don’t recall ever “needing” anything to be happy.. I just was. So why in our adult years is it so hard to find that again?
I know that happiness starts within and for the most part I am able to live in many happy moments… sometimes the old ways still creep up on me and I find myself unhappy because I’m looking for someone else to make me happy. It’s just a behavior I’ve taught myself unknowingly and a behavior I try hard to break. It’s that moment of realization about what I’m doing and why that then turns my sadness around and I begin again to feel happy just because I am and I deserve it.
Here’s to hoping you all can find your own happiness inside and here’s hoping I keep breaking that chain of behavior when it starts to creep up again!
Today I got a great lesson in perspective. I posted an inspirational video online.. well it was “suppose” to be inspirational.
The theme of the video was to follow your path in life doing what makes you feel good, what makes you happy and what you enjoy doing. That’s the message I took away from the video.
To me, he speaker was saying … why work all your life doing something you hate when there are opportunities out there that enable you to do something you enjoy. The speaker spoke for a moment about working for the sake of just making more money and mentioned that in order to find happiness in our “Living” we may or may not have to take a pay cut… make your life about what you enjoy doing and not about just making a dollar. I totally understood where they were coming from. Especially since I had spent the previous day on the phone for well over an hour, being transferred from one person to the next in comcast’s customer service department. I went from one miserable person to the next … none wanting to actually give me any quality “customer service” .. until finally I came upon someone who didn’t hate their job and was actually wanting to help.
Another person viewed the same exact video and all they took from it was that everyone should do what they want and join Peter Pan in fantasy land. He said that it didn’t encourage hard work at all.
Wow! I don’t recall the speaker saying anything about slacking off. In fact I remember him saying that when you enjoy what you do you soon become an expert at whatever it is simply because you will put your whole self into it far more than a job you are doing simply to make a dollar. AND you will find yourself a much happier person while doing it.
For instance: Some people actually like working in customer service and enjoy helping others.. THOSE people will excel at their jobs while the others will just do the least expected to make that paycheck.
As with all things lets use some common sense folks. Don’t watch a video and quit your job without making sure your responsibilities are covered … instead take the inspiration from that video and go the extra mile to make your own dreams happen. Go back to school, learn a new hobby or trade, make the effort while keeping your responsibilities in life met.
The resources are there if you look long and hard enough. The change may not happen over night but with commitment and drive .. you will someday begin to live your dreams.
P.S. if your dream is to just sit on the sofa, stuffing your face and watching TV …. well I was going to say … find a new dream but now thinking about it for a moment .. I’m sure there is probably a job out there for you somewhere that will allow you to do just that! LOL
Are You Happy Now?
When asked this question, what comes to mind?
Are your first thoughts, those of well no.. I need to lose more weight, I want to get my teeth whitened, I need to make more money, I want to be loved more, I want more success, a bigger house, a newer car… etc.?
Do your thoughts go toward all that you have in life and all the possibilities that await?
Happiness comes when YOU allow yourself to be so. Happiness doesn’t come from material things so having a bigger house, better job or whatever it is you “desire” in the material world won’t mean that you’ll be happy.
Take this time now to think about all the things that have made you laugh or smile.. I bet most of those things have nothing at all to do with material possessions… and more so on acts of kindness, friendship, family bonding, and basic human interaction. Maybe it was a child’s laughter, or finding your very first 4 leaf clover, or watching the sunset or rise…. Maybe it was a kiss or a look… Maybe it was the look on someone’s face when they had lost the plot… maybe it was your child’s first steps… whatever it was … I can almost guarantee it had nothing at all to do with something you “thought” you wanted or needed.. instead it was something that just came to you freely and without some supermarket price tag.
I’m not saying that life isn’t hard and that there are no tragedies …. I’m simply saying to take a moment and appreciate all the little things in life that bring you unexpected joy.. take a moment to appreciate those around you … tell those close to you that you love them and appreciate them. Hug a whole lot more and complain a whole lot less.
Take today to appreciate the fact that if nothing else in this world you still have life … and if you still have life you have dreams, hope and possibilities.
True happiness comes not from outside joys but those that touch your heart and make you smile…. From the inside out!