What the heck are chakras you say???
Chakras are the points in your body where energy flows from. When a chakra becomes blocked .. illness can set in or we may be thrown off balance, mind, body and soul.
It’s good to do chakra meditation and other chakra alignment work to keep you well and in balance.
Here’s a brief description of the 7 chakras from mindbodygreen.com:
1. Root Chakra – Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
2. Sacral Chakra – Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra – Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
4. Heart Chakra – Our ability to love.
Location: Center of chest just above heart.
Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace.
5. Throat Chakra – Our ability to communicate.
Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
6. Third Eye Chakra – Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
Location: Forehead between the eyes. (Also called the Brow Chakra)
Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
7. Crown Chakra – The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually. Location: The very top of the head.
Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.
Color: Violet (some use white for the crown)
A simple chakra meditation I like to do is as follows:
– First settle in a comfortable position and do a few breathing exercises to relax.
– Imagine each chakra point as the color that represents that energy point. You may visualize it as a colored ball, a window, a flower, a door, etc.
– Visualizing one chakra at a time – see the image – see it’s vibrant color and then open it. (if you visualize a ball.. make it spin, if it is a door ,a window or a flower, then open them.)
– Don’t move on to the next point until you are comfortable with the first one..
– Once you have gone through each energy point – go through them again and again until you feel you are done.
– practice makes perfect – it can take some time to get the hang of it, the more you do this the better you get.
– When you feel like you are done – be sure to close each one before ending your meditation.. stop the ball from spinning or close the windows, doors and or flowers.
Let the healing begin!